Sat, Mar 18|
Get Growing with Jisteen
Seed Starting & Garden Design. Practical tips and knowledge from lifetime gardener and homesteading mom of three will give you the real deal on how to get your family gardens started.
Time & Location
Mar 18, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Falun, Falun, AB T0C 1H0, Canada
About the event
- seed starting methods, mediums, vessels explained in detail
- common seed families and how to succeed at growing each of them
- trouble shooting and common pitfalls
- basic soil science and nutrition, and a guide to natural soil amendments
- practical: transplanting at different levels of maturity, soil block starts, and bring home your own starter garden!
Lunch (please bring your own lunch and snacks)
- 20+ gardening methods for any space, budget, skill set
- basics of permaculture design including yield prediction, garden zones, companion planting, etc.
- time to discuss your own personal space and ask lots of questions
- Design project: recieve the criteria and use your new skills to design a theoretical space.
Participants in this particular class will actively play a role in designing the Prairie Rose Sustainable Skilld Educational Garden space! This will only happen once!
All students will receive a coil bound workbook / take home guide for quick reference and future practice.
Get Growing with Jisteen$100.00Tax: +$5.00 tax+$2.63 service fee