Time & Location
Oct 20, 9:00 p.m. – Oct 21, 9:00 a.m.
Frostad Farms, Sangudo, AB, Canada
About the event
Live lambing clinic with Sarah Frostad and her flock! Come out for a day or night while her prolific Finn ewes deliver lambs and you can get up close and hands on with the complexities of multiple births. Choose from multiple time slots that work best for your schedule. Clinics will run Friday from 9am - 9pm, Friday overnight from 9pm - 9am, and Saturday 9am - 9pm.
Topics covered each clinic:
- Lambing Kit Essentials & some added information
- Information sheets to refer to at home
- Ewe supplements & typical routine medications discussion
- Labour Signs
- Distress Signs
- Delivering Multiple Lambs & repositioning techniques for lambs not properly presenting in delivery
- Delivery Pulling Techniques
- Lamb Reviving Techniques
- Postpartum Care for Ewes & Lambs
- Bottle Lamb Set Up
- -bottle baby care and feeding systems
- Weaning care and feed for lambs discussion
- Breeding information - using CIDR's, typical feed requirements, General information and answering questions
- General sheep care - vaccine protocols, deworming protocols, feeding, fibre, meat etc. discussion
Stay for the full 12 hours or as long as you can. hourly lambing checks in the barn are guaranteed. Please dress appropriately to be outdoors, in a barn and with the likely possibility of getting dirty. Bring your own drinks and packed food with you. Livestock guardian dogs are onsite, please do not try to pet them, they are working. This is a working farm and harassment of any of the animals is forbidden.
Live Lambing Clinic$160.00Tax: +$8.00 tax+$4.20 service fee